The Meadow is an EXCLUSIVE USE large field (roughly 8 acres) with a 3ft – 5ft perimeter fence that can be enjoyed in many ways.
- For Fun With Your Dog (e.g. a game of ‘zoomies’, playing ball, socialisation, physical activity, off lead enjoyment in a safe place)
- For Exercise (e.g. jogging, non-motorised biking, football, playing frisbee, a family game of rounders or cricket)
- For Relaxation (e.g. a stroll, mindfulness, fresh air, picnics, playing with your dog, kite flying, sunbathing!)
- For Social Distancing (the field is not open to the public, but booked on an exclusive use basis and via registered Membership only)
- For Sport (e.g. Archery practise, Short Putt throwing, Cross Country running training, Couch to 5K. Note: please provide your own equipment)
Dogs are welcome!
Cars can be driven straight into the field and it’s an ideal environment for nervous or unsociable dogs (or humans) who may have difficulties in public places or for those that need to run off some excess energy or have some fresh air. It is also perfect for households that need to socially distance themselves this year on account of the Coronavirus.
Note that there may be animals (and humans) in nearby fields and the A491 runs along one edge of the field behind the hedge (which is potentially penetrable by escape artists!). There are also no toilet or refreshment facilities on site. Dog water is provided however.
The Meadow can be booked on a Pay as You Go basis or through the Credits System.
Credits are transferable between The Secure Dog Field and The Meadow, so if you have registered for both fields AND had an induction session for BOTH you can ‘mix and match’ time slots between the two spaces.
Weather permitting, The Meadow will be open from March to October inclusive between the hours of 9.30am and 6pm with 6 bookable slots available per day, 7 days a week.
(Registered Members Only)!
Note that a password is needed before you are able to use the online booking calendar.
Once the induction session is over you will become a “Member” of The Meadow on the system and have a password to book additional slots as and when you wish to revisit.